LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
- LPNs provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles. Common responsibilities of LPNs include (but are not limited to):
- Provides basic bedside care. Maintains comfortable, orderly, safe, and clean environments for patients.
- Measures & records patient’s vital signs (such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiration).
- Assists with bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene of patients.
- Prepares and gives injections.
- Preform enemas; Monitors catheters and records input/output.
- Wound care changes and dressings.
- Assists with bed positioning, standing, and walking of patients
- Collects samples for lab testing.
- Administer and record prescribed medication orally and subcutaneously through an IV.
- Assists in relevant health teaching for patient and family/significant other.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately, and completely in a timely manner.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting.
- Follow directive of RN and/or Healthcare provider.
- Legible copy of your Driver’s License or State ID
- Social Security Card
- Copy of TB/PPD or chest X-ray
- CPR card
- Copy Registration/License/Certification or number